Certified Online Training as Easy as 1, 2, 3
- Complete your online course
- Submit your video practical using Whatsapp, email or file sharing
- Learnsafe qualified instructors review your video and issue a full course certificate to successful candidates
Our Online Abrasive Wheels Introduction Video
Who we are and what we do
Lisa and Killian Mc Grath have over 40 yrs experience in the training industry. Their well established business Southsafe Training & Consultancy provides Health & Safety training and administrative support for the Retail, Hospitality, Service, Construction, Engineering and Pharmaceutical Industries all over Ireland. Killian’s long list of qualifications include Diploma in Process & Chemical Engineering, Diploma in Health & Safety, Diploma in Training & Education, Solas Safe Pass instructor, Occupational First Aid Instructor, Manual Handling Instructor, Abrasive Wheels instructor, and a Certificate in Adlerian Psychology. Lisa is a qualified Manual Handling instructor, Patient Moving and Lifting Instructor and has a Health & Safety Diploma.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis we are aware that Social Distancing is a stumbling block for training, to that end have developed this website to facilitate eLearning, we currently provide online Manual Handling training and our roadmap includes Abrasive Wheels, Workplace Inductions, etc..
We have always had an interest in eLearning and using technology to make life easier, but until now limitations in technology meant that we were unable to stand over it, there are lots of online Manual Handling Courses (theory only) but we wanted to develop a full course that you could complete in the comfort of your own home, a time that suited you (weekend and evening) and we could feel confident to stand over.
We have developed our video led training software as we recognize that all the online courses in Ireland are based on UK legislation and we wanted more. A bit more of an Irishness in it !
Quality Assured Training
We want to offer something that we can stand over, hence we have put a quality assurance system in place
- We have put in place bespoke software on our system to ensure that the learner is the one that sits the course, photographs are taken at regular intervals during the course and theses photographs are then placed on the final cert to assure the employer as to who actually completed the course.
- With this we have included inactivity measures so the the learner must view all the course to pass the final assessment. Should the learner get distracted during the course the inactive timer will pause the lesson time where the learner may not move forward but revisit the course content again
- Where there are practical elements to the course the learner must upload assignments to us where our qualified tutors will assess them.
- Our system allows us to provide feedback to mentor and advise learners on their journey